Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's all in the detail...

NB: these are BEFORE shots... it's important that you understand this!

My decorative hallway arch:


This is one of the vents in the bedroom:


And this is the vent in the lounge room:

Yes, purple everywhere!


A curious pipe in the corner:

Apparently it's how "they" built houses "back then" ... and if you're wondering, no, I'm not game enough to fiddle with it.

Ugly vintage lamp anyone?

The vendor even left one of her pets behind! Meet my newly acquired FURRY RAT door stopper:

I do like my stained glass window though:

... but rest assured that the curtains are history.

7 comments:

PrettyYoungThing said...

Ohh love it! & what a great idea for a blog, can't wait to see what you do with the place :) xx

WayneandFarrah said...

lol @ curious pipe in the corner.

Katya said...

I see what you mean about the purple! Yikes.

Faux Fuchsia said...

Call me crazy but I like that light fixture.

Desperately Seeking Audrey said...

See, I really like the decorative hallway arch - it's a bit of personality =)

Karolina said...

The light fixture *might* be saved... and I'm working on the arch ;)

Daydream Lily said...

i love the stained glass window...hmm and whats with the random pipe? hehe.