Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My little house... cute on the outside, horror colour scheme on the inside.

The first time I walked up to my little house - I fell in love. I had a feeling that I had found "the one".

Unfortunately the colour scheme on the inside left a lot to be desired.


In the main bedroom there was a dark purple feature wall and the rest of the walls a yellow cream colour, whilst the frames and skirtings were cream.


The second bedroom/spare room walls were a putrid shade of grey with cream door frame and skirtings.


The kitchen had bright lilac purple walls (same colour as the lounge walls), bright burgundy hanging cabinets, beige floor cabinets with brown and pink flecked fake stone bench tops with grey-ish white lino. The tiles, a grey beige.

To "tie is all together" one side of the hallway was a similar shade of bright burgundy to that of the hanging cabinets in the kitchen.

Through out the whole house the carpets were a dirty dusty pink colour.

I was told I would get used to the colours...

2 comments:

Sushi said...

Oh what colours are you thinking of painting the rooms instead? The house I'm currently renting is quite nice and has lovely floral carpeting but the bathroom is the ugliest thing I've ever seen! The tiles in the floor are a cob-webby mix of green, purple and pink. The tiles on the floor are a different cob-webby mix of cream and purple that looks like it's supposed to match but doesn't :s Good thing I'm moving soon! x Sushi

Karolina said...

Hi Sushi, I'm a bit of a minimalist... I like white. I'm still deciding whether I want a new kitchen or whether I should just modernise. I don't want to over capitalise! Your bathroom sounds like my kitchen - nothing matches, but it was quite deliberately painted... go figure. The colour blocks in my post actually make the scheme look ok, but trust me, it wasn't :)