Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My new friends... Selleys Spakfilla Rapid and Dulux 1 Step Prepcoat.

My first two purchases at Bunnings (not counting the numerous steel spatulas, paint brushes and rollers) were Selleys Spakfilla Rapid and Dulux 1 Step Prepcoat.

The spakfilla filled the gazillion nail holes in walls - the previous owner had hung pictures and paintings RANDOMLY EVERYWHERE! I also had to fill a number of cracks. Lucky for me, the crack pictured below is the worst there is - not bad for a house over 100 years old.

The crack:

No more crack:

A few of the gazillion nail holes - these are above THE STOVE of all places:


Painting my house would not be possible without Dulux 1 Step Prepcoat. No more dark purple feature wall:

And this is the second bedroom - primed and ready to be painted:

Priming my gorgeous burgundy wall in the hallway:Although the painting was hard work, it very rewarding, and doing it myself (with the help of my wonderful boyfriend) saved me a lot of money...

No comments: